Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Perfect Saturday

Even though today isn't Sunday, my normal grocery shopping day, I went anyway because tomorrow I have to work. Also, I had to wash some clothes at the laundromat, so it was perfect timing. The wash cycle is 27 minutes and the laundromat is right across from the grocery store. I definitely had to hurry more than usual, but I got back just in time with only 5 minutes left on my clothes. 

And I did the impossible - I spent only $40 on groceries this week! The past three weeks I've been over my budget of $50 so I tried super hard this week not to go over. I was even able to buy red pepper hummus (one of my splurge items) and pantry supplies like peanut butter, bread, Triscuits, and chick peas (on sale 3/$1!!!) that weren't for specific recipes. Although I guess it makes sense because I didn't really buy anything for recipes this week. Since I'm working so much (25 hours this week! Usually I only get about 15) I only have two days to make myself dinner and since I have two leftover recipes I was going to make last week but didn't get around to doing, it just worked out.

Today was a good day... I even remembered my green bag! I almost always forget even though I hate using plastic :(


Look at this view of a beautiful sunset from the porch at Brent's house. It was awesome! Because it was so nice out today and I was feeling perky, after dinner we even went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was nice, we chatted a little bit but mostly just walked in silence. Sometimes it's nice just to be able to have quiet time together, especially on such a beautiful night :)


For dinner, Brent's dad made hamburgers. They were a little bit more well-done than I normally like them, but they were still delicious. And there were curly fries on the side. Yumm! Not especially healthy, but since I didn't have much to eat all day I was alright with pigging out a bit. Plus, I loaded mine with some healthy lettuce and tomatoes for an extra serving of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment