Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Perfect Midnight Snack - Peanut Butter & Banana English Muffins





Surprise, surprise... another recipe I got from my new favorite blog Carrots 'N' Cake ... I guess it's not really a "recipe", but this delicious snack is chock-full of protein, potassium, and whole-grains! I used Thomas' Whole Grain English Muffins and lightly toasted them. Then I spread a little bit of Stop&Shop Brand All-Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (actually had the most protein and the least amount of fat/sugar out of all the peanut butters - and only includes peanuts and salt in the ingredients!) on each half. To top my snack off, I cut up about a half of a banana in medium slices and placed them in a circle on the muffin.


I've never really liked peanut butter that much and I actually really don't even like bananas. But I decided to try this snack since I always get cravings around bedtime and knew something healthy like this would be a lot better for me than something I might normally go for. Surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed this snack and will probably be making myself this type of midnight treat a lot more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment