I'm kind of tired because I just wrote those other two posts (pumpkin soup and chicken noodle soup) so I won't say too much. But... THIS WAS THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! Oh my gosh, if you make one thing from the recipes I give you MAKE THIS! I had one bite and (too myself, embarrassingly) out-loud said "This banana bread is so effing good I want to have it's little banana bread babies!" Yes. That good. Not kidding.
Cooking Light Annual Recipes (pg. 56)Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and egg whites; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until blended.
- Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) mini-loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yield: 4 loaves, 4 servings per loaf (serving size: 1 slice)