Saturday, February 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Today was nice. I finally went home to see my parents for the first time in at least a month. The reason I went home was to pick up my new car! My parents bought me a used 1998 silver Toyota Camry that I absolutely LOVE. I was driving my mom's old Volvo, but it was always having problems. This car will be much more reliable. 

My parents woke me up to see if I'd like to come out with them to eat, but I opted instead to stay and finish up some cleaning I had to do because I didn't want to eat those extra calories. For breakfast I had some Special K Fruit and Berries cereal with skim milk. It's one of my favorite cereals. I usually never eat cereal... I can't even remember the last time I did. But this morning I didn't really feel like cooking and cereal was what was there. When I do choose cereal, I always opt for a healthy kind like Special K that will leave me in less of a carb slump later in the morning that something else would. Later for a snack I had a grapefruit. 

The best part about today was... I weighed myself before eating breakfast and I lost five more pounds!!! Only five more pounds to go until I'm back where I was before freshman year. And 20 more pounds until I reach my goal weight for the summer :)

I told my mom that they should choose a healthy option for dinner, and instead she asked if I wanted homemade fried chicken wings. Umm... no, thanks, mom. No wonder I never lost weight until I moved out of the house!! But that's what happens when you have an Italian mother, ha ha ;). I asked her to grill me up some chicken breast for me to toss in a salad instead. And the salad was SO yummy! Along with the grilled chicken, I added tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, grapes, avocado, garbanzo beans, and cannelini beans with lite ranch dressing. And a glass of milk on the side, mmm.




This is my mom's cat Wolfgang. As you can see, he's not the most photogenic cat... But he's still cute! :) He kept moving around and not looking at the camera, that's why the picture's kind of blurry.


Tomorrow I get my keys to my new apartment!! Brent's being the perfect boyfriend and doing the man's work by helping me move in. He's awesome :) Also, my mom tipped me off to an awesome sale... 50% off at Savers on Monday for President's Day. This is going to be GREAT. I'm going to get a bunch of stuff for my new place and probably spend way more money than I plan to, ha ha... it's that kind of place. 

Also (I hate to be this person), but if you love reading my blog... Please recommend me for the Women's Health Magazine Blog Contest!! Thanks! XOXO

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/features/blogcontest

No comments:

Post a Comment