Friday, February 25, 2011

Is running for me?

Today was kind of bleh :(. I've been feeling pretty sick the past couple of days... my stomach hasn't been my friend. I don't know what it is; I haven't been eating anything new or different. Maybe I caught it from Brent - he had the same symptoms last week. 

Today I slept in a little bit at Brent's and then headed back to my house before working 3pm-10pm at CVS. When I got home I turned on court tv... which is pretty much all I watch now on the "only gets 12 channels" that my landlord called cable in the ad, and made myself a tuna-minus-the-bread sandwich with tomatoes, grapes, and cucumbers (yummm!) and a side of avocado. 



After watching an hour of Judge Joe Brown and Judge Jeanine Pirro I was hungry again, so I satiated myself with a nice grapefruit (I got this huge bag of them for $5 last week at Stop and Shop).


... and a whole wheat peach muffin :) I gotta eat them before they go bad! I still have three left.


At work I had a macaroni and cheese Lean Cuisine (on sale 5/$10 at Stop and Shop last week!). Also... I'm quite proud of myself because I almost stopped at Dunkin on the way to work for a yummy Dunkachino pick-me-up but I decided that a Diet Mountain Dew was going to be a lot better for me and just drove right by! I'm getting good at this will-power thing.

After reading blogs like Carrots 'n' Cake that talk so much about running and how great it is... I've decided that I'm going to try it out. I've never liked running that much before, especially since the outside air really bothers my asthma, but I'm going to try more seriously this time. I've been reading so much about it, that I want to set a goal for myself. My short-term goal is to lose 20 more pounds by June 1st, but I also want to set another small goal of being able to run 1 mile in under 11 minutes by August 31st. I know that seems like a really silly/easy goal to set, but I'm not the hugest fan of exercise and I want to start out small with this. Hopefully I will surpass that goal by the time the summer ends and running will become a part of my life, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment